What is TMJ Therapy?
TMJ therapy is a non-invasive treatment that aims to alleviate pain and discomfort associated with TMJ disorders. The treatment typically involves a combination of methods, including jaw exercises, lifestyle changes, and in some cases, the use of oral appliances like splints or mouthguards. The goal of TMJ therapy is to improve the function of the TMJ and reduce the symptoms associated with TMJ disorders.
What Does TMJ Therapy Help With?
TMJ therapy can help alleviate a variety of symptoms associated with TMJ disorders, including:
- Jhes or headaches
- Clickiaw pain or tenderness
- Earacng or popping sounds when opening or closing your mouth
- Difficulty opening or closing your mouth
- Aching pain in or around your ear
- Pain or discomfort while chewing or speaking
Benefits of TMJ Therapy
There are several benefits to undergoing TMJ therapy, including:
- Reduced pain and discomfort associated with TMJ disorders
- Improved jaw function, which can improve your ability to chew, speak, and open and close your mouth
- Improved quality of life, as TMJ disorders can significantly impact your daily activities and overall well being
- Non-invasive treatment options that avoid the need for surgery or medication